Purpose of policy
It is important that you read this policy.
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. This version is dated 17th August 2018.
Who we are
This website is operated by The Childwick Trust, a private company limited by guarantee incorporated and registered in England and Wales with number 08224553 and a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales with number 1150413. Our registered office is at 9 The Green, Childwickbury, St Albans, AL3 6JJ.
- obtain information about your use of our website;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookies
The main types of cookies we place on your device include strictly necessary cookies (which are required for the operation of our website) and analytical/performance cookies (which allow us to recognise and count visitor numbers and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
The cookies we use
- The __cfduid cookieThis cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user i.d. in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information
- The __utma, __utmt, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz cookiesThese cookies are set by Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect general statistics about website users – such as the number of visitors, most popular pages accessed, typical time spent on the site, broad geographic location of users, details of any errors experienced etc. In turn, this data is used by us to improve the website – e.g. to improve the site navigation or to create new content that is likely to be popular with visitors
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested. There is a notice on our home page which requests your consent to place cookies on your device.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any questions about this policy. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by e-mailing [email protected], by writing to The Childwick Trust, 9 The Green, Childwickbury, St Albans AL3 6JJ or by calling 01727 844666.